Definition of boneshaker in English:
1An old vehicle with poor suspension: a boneshaker of a van
More example sentences
- A cleaned up adaptation of a Steinbeck novel, this centres on Sweetheart, a boneshaker of a bus rattling over the 'washboard roads' of Southern California.
- We fly to Iasi, a remote university town in the north-east of Romania, on a tiny bone-shaker of a plane with propellers.
- It is possible to blow huge amounts of money on car modifications, ruining your automobile and ending up with a fuel drinking stodgy bone shaker.
1.1An early type of bicycle without rubber tyres.
- He takes us from the French pushbike of 1816 through boneshakers and penny-farthings to the English velocipedes and the Humbers of the 1880s.
- The boneshaker was further refined by James Starley in the 1870's.
- Old Chinese boneshaker bicycles can be hired for a pittance, and the area is less hilly than much of Xishuangbanna.
Words that rhyme with boneshakercaretaker
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.