- A large open-air fire used for burning rubbish or as part of a celebration: the smell of burning leaves from a garden bonfire • figurative yet again, events had made a bonfire of her plansMore example sentences
- She added that the annual Halloween celebrations will see bonfires on the area, only making things worse than they already are.
- A warning has gone out to people thinking of having bonfires in their gardens after a fire went out of control.
- We ask people to be aware of the litter laws and not dump any type of rubbish for the bonfires on the greens.
More definitions of bonfireDefinition of bonfire in:
- The US English dictionary