noun (plural bonitos)
- 1A small tuna with dark oblique stripes on the back, important as a food and game fish.
More example sentences
- Sarda and related genera, family Scombridae: several species
- The family Scombridae, the mackerels, tunas, and bonitos, includes some of the world's most popular food and sport fishes.
- Mackerel are members of the scombrid fish clade that includes tuna and bonitos and possess a forked tail.
- What to buy: tinned and preserved foods like bonito tuna, white anchovies and anchovy olives.
late 16th century: from Spanish.
More definitions of bonitoDefinition of bonito in:
- The US English dictionary