- (Of fish dishes, stews, and soups) cooked in a simple way: sole bonne femmeMore example sentences
- A few years ago we brought in a top chef to do Dover sole bonne femme, frog's legs and halibut in spicy tomato.
- Monica ordered the black sole bonne femme, poached and served with a white wine and cream sauce with mushrooms and shallots at €34.50.
- Chicken Bonne Femme is a classic Creole dish that dates back to the 19th century.
French, from the phrase à la bonne femme 'in the manner of a good housewife'.
More definitions of bonne femmeDefinition of bonne femme in:
- The US English dictionary