(also bonnethead shark)
- A small hammerhead shark with a relatively narrow rounded head, found in American waters. Also called shovelhead.
More example sentences
- Sphyrna tiburo, family Sphyrnidae
- In contrast, the diet of neritic predators such as the bonnethead shark from southwest Florida is dominated by crustaceans, principally shallow water blue crabs.
- The bonnethead shark, common throughout the Western Hemisphere's warm waters, has a relatively modest foil, less than five inches across.
- Nearby, a bonnethead shark moves with quiet menace, gliding effortlessly upwards; dorsal fin breaking the water for an instant before returning to the depths.