- A curling tournament.More example sentences
- Rose enjoyed women's baseball in Giroux in her younger days, and later she took up curling, especially enjoying bonspiels.
- He took pride in whatever he participated in, whether skipping a team for a curling bonspiel or spinning a yarn with his buddies at the coffee club.
- Their natural talents with rock and broom took them from wintry weekend bonspiels to the dizzying heights of Olympic glory.
mid 16th century (originally Scots): probably of Low German origin.
More definitions of bonspielDefinition of bonspiel in:
- The US English dictionary