noun (plural boobies)
1A stupid person.
- But you do rather wonder whether she won't get tired of someone who is either a tongue-tied booby or a rapier-twitching ‘rattle’.
idiot, fool, stupid person, simpleton, moron, cretin, imbecile, ignoramus, oaf, dunce, dolt, dullard, nincompoop, duffer, jackass;
informal dope, chump, clot, clod, nitwit, dimwit, wally, airhead, birdbrain, lamebrain, pea-brain, numbskull, thickhead, fathead, blockhead, bonehead, meathead, dunderhead, chucklehead, knucklehead, pinhead, cloth-head, wooden-head, dipstick, dumb-bell, dumbhead, dumbo, dum-dum, noodle, nerd, ninny, ass, donkey
North American informal doofus, goof, goofball, goofus, putz, bozo, lamer, boob, chowderhead, meatball, lummox, dummy, turkey, clunk, ding-a-ling, dip, palooka, poop
North American vulgar slang asshat
2A large tropical seabird of the gannet family, with brown, black, or white plumage and brightly coloured feet.
- Genus Sula, family Sulidae: several species
- And don't miss the Brac's colonies of brown boobies and white-tailed tropic birds.
- The Pacific seabirds called brown boobies lay two eggs but hardly ever fledge more than one chick.
- Boobies that nest on the ground, the masked gannet and the brown booby, are also found on remote cays of the Great Barrier Reef.
Words that rhyme with boobyjube, newbie, Newby, ruby
noun (plural boobies)informal
A woman’s breast.
- It was, like, enhancing nothing and I couldn't even get my boobies played with anymore.
- They trusted my judgment that there would be sunshine and boobies, basically.
- Instead, I get a bunch of overweight, smelly computer geeks while the dance co-op gets girls with big boobies and guys with long willies.
1930s: alteration of dialect bubby (see boob2).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan