- Used to represent the sound of someone crying noisily: ‘boohoo, nobody loves me!’More example sentences
- This is not the end but, boohoo, I'm so alone and nobody loves me.
- Oh boohoo, please don't start crying cos I gave you a taste of your own medecine. You are such a cry baby… boohoo</em.
- So I tell him that I'm mad at him because he totally ignored me and then he goes, ‘Oh boohoo, Kimmy, someone didn't pay attention to you’.
verb (boohoos, boohooing, boohooed)[no object] Back to top
- Cry noisily: I managed not to boohoo, even when they crowded around my chairMore example sentences
- Well, I am back in the studio again after over a week of boohooing over Lizzy.
- For those of you who are sad and lonely and boohooing today… life is too short.
- ‘But she said, ‘But I love him,’ and she boohooed all over us and we knew we had lost.’
mid 19th century: imitative.
More definitions of boohooDefinition of boohoo in:
- The US English dictionary