1 another term for book group. I chose this novel for our book club but was a little disappointed in it
More example sentences
- The Post has started a "Book Club," to consist of reviewers/critics orchestrating on-line discussions of various books.
- They discovered the effect of book clubs on sales was of greater financial significance than the hoopla created by a major marketing campaign.
- A Fine Balance was selected as book of the month by Oprah Winfrey's Book Club.
2An organization which sells selected books to members or subscribers, typically at reduced prices.
- The book club has 1.5 million members and is known to almost everybody in Shanghai.
- Small bookshops suffered from the unfair advantage which book clubs, advertising in magazines, had under the NBA.
- In the more distant parts of the Middle West where I did my academic business, book clubs were pretty much the only means on offer for getting serious books.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: book club
Definition of book club in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.