Definition of book club in English:
1 another term for book group. I chose this novel for our book club but was a little disappointed in it
More example sentences
- The wife in question is Una Spenser, a spirited, up-for-anything heroine of generic cut and color whose love of life and sunny temperament will surely gratify book clubs nationwide and make for hours of refined, uplifting chat.
- Miss Daisy's book club can find scarcely a thing to elevate them these days, so they have taken to reading Gone With the Wind over and over again.
- Book clubs and reading recommendations have been popular activities with the public, especially over the last couple of years.
2An organization which sells selected books to members or subscribers, typically at reduced prices.
- He pulled out a book club edition of Great Rivers of the World.
- In an effort to protect its market share, the mail order book club sector continued with its sophisticated segmentation marketing techniques by introducing book selections which are closely targeted at specific interest groups.
- They subscribed to book clubs, but the packages of books that arrived on maildays were nearly all memoirs and histories of the War.
Definition of book club in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.