Definition of bookbinder in English:
A person who binds books as a profession.
- The other quarter did everything from mining coal to making paper flowers; they worked as tanners and carpenters, typesetters and bookbinders.
- And endpapers are the four blank pages at the beginning and end of a book, included by the bookbinder to give the book additional strength.
- The organisers of the Spring Fling have helpfully split the huge region up into six routes, each taking in basketmakers or bookbinders, ceramicists or cobblers.
- Example sentences
- Traditional bookbinding included three tools that have threads in wood.
- ‘Leather for bookbinding isn't like shoe leather,’ he said.
- This workshop will introduce participants to basic techniques and materials of bookbinding with an emphasis on how the process informs the product.
Words that rhyme with bookbinderpathfinder
Definition of bookbinder in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.