Entry from US English dictionary
Definition of booking agent in English:
1A person who makes engagements or reservations for others, in particular.
- Thrane employed as his booking agent a man of unusual calibre.
1.1A person who arranges concert or club engagements for performers.
- It is not enough to practice a bit and lounge about waiting for the booking agents to arrange another triumphal concert tour.
- When you want to get into a club that hasn't seen you before, the booking agent for that club is going to ask the other comics he trusts if you're any good.
- The club's booking agents are organising and compering a series of fund-raising events.
1.2A person who makes travel arrangements for clients.
- We are inviting our customers to make contact with their travel agent or the booking agent and to prepare for possible delays.
- Once in Sudan every visitor has to pay a local Port Tax of US $170 (though the amount does change, so check with your booking agent before travelling).
- They're like travel magazines, guidebooks and booking agents, all in one.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.