noun (plural booklice)
- A minute insect that typically has reduced or absent wings, frequently found in buildings where it may cause damage to books and paper.
More example sentences
- Liposcelidae and related families in the order Psocoptera: many species, in particular the common Liposcelis bostrychophilus
- The presence of booklice can be quite an annoyance; however, they rarely cause significant damage to items.
- The indoor ones, such as the booklouse are wingless, and can scrape away at books and other organic material.
- Psocids or booklice are common but harmless insects between 1 mm and 2 mm long, which can survive in dry powdery foods.
More definitions of booklouseDefinition of booklouse in:
- The US English dictionary