noun (plural bookmen)• archaic
- A literary man.More example sentences
- A haunter of bookshops since his childhood, he was a dyed in the wool bookman, and was perhaps the last Man of Letters to have read ‘everything’.
- My father was an antiquarian bookman who passed on his passion for rare books to me during my childhood.
- To say that bookmen existed on the Montana frontier is not to say that the emerging culture was always comfortable with or accepting of their presence.
More definitions of bookmanDefinition of bookman in:
- The US English dictionary