Entry from US English dictionary
1A rack or shelf for books.
- The walls were covered entirely with shelves of books, and several revolving bookracks took up most of the floor space.
- Then a successful commercial director, he was far from Hollywood when he first saw the book on a bookrack at the Rome airport.
- Lily shuffled along in search of her wallet, but the dim lighting that was provided by the dusty skylights above the bookracks wasn't of much help.
1.1A stand or rack for holding an open book. Also called bookstand.
- This hand painted bookrack is the perfect price-conscious gift - great for storing all those bedtime story books!
- Crafted of beautiful wood veneers, our new bookrack has a metal label holder on each shelf and a bar to hold books in place.
- The open sided style of this desk lets the student place their books on the bookrack, then slide into the seat.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.