noun (plural bookshelves)
- A shelf on which books can be stored.More example sentences
- I was sorting out the books on Beth's bookshelves to make more room for our junk when I found her copy of the highway code.
- Zoe rearranged the books in her bookshelves in alphabetical order and emptied her pencil sharpeners.
- I may have to raid my parent's bookshelves for a book to donate as I forgot to bring one from home today.
More definitions of bookshelfDefinition of bookshelf in:
- The US English dictionary