- 1 • informal A person who enjoys reading.More example sentences
- A school is creating a new generation of bookworms with an innovative reading project.
- And it's perfect reading for the bookworm to capture over a weekend.
- Anju, the rebellious bookworm, grows up angry at the world.
- 2(Especially formerly) the larva of a wood-boring beetle which feeds on the paper and glue in books.More example sentences
- The Clinic has plans to market insecticidal papers which need to be interleafed in books and magazines to keep away silverfish and bookworms, explains Mr. Shaji.
- According to him, termites and bookworms damage palm-leaf inscriptions.
- The bookworm reminds the authors of the vulnerability of books, not only from voracious insects, but also from the acid in the paper that is destroying our books.
More definitions of bookwormDefinition of bookworm in:
- The US English dictionary