- A large, highly venomous southern African tree snake, the male of which is bright green and the female dull olive brown.
More example sentences
- Dispholidus typus, family Colubridae
- And to honey badgers, cobras and large-eyed tree snakes called boomslangs, the nest is a dependable larder.
- He added that while the majority of snakes in our area are non-venomous, the ones people should worry about are the boomslangs, puffadders and night adders.
- Some boomslangs and Cape cobras appear to live for months on nothing but weaver eggs and chicks, and will even curl up in a nest and make it their home.
late 18th century: from Afrikaans, from Dutch boom 'tree' + slang 'snake'.
More definitions of boomslangDefinition of boomslang in:
- The US English dictionary