Definition of bootee in English:
1A baby’s soft woollen shoe.
- A pair of tiny baby bootees with a white ribbon hangs from a peg on a wall.
- She felt she had to make things clear to him after she gave him a hand-knitted cardigan and bootees for his new baby.
- It was fined £1,500 for selling a dangerous product after the baby needed weeks of medical treatment from wearing the bootees in bed.
2A woman’s short boot.
- Not your typical galoshes, the slick rubber booties have an adorable white heel and are less about puddle-splashing, more about stylish strolls in the mist.
- I mean, did they really think they could, just by stamping their million-dollar booties on the ground like some pampered rich man's son, get the sympathy of the country?
- Those boxing booties are the bad kind of sport-fashion fusion.
3A protective shoe or lining for a shoe.
- The bootie has an outsole for improved traction that utilizes a screen rubber pattern identical to the main shoe's outsole.
- His wound opened, and he was not given booties to even protect his infected and swollen foot.
- Finally, scuba booties will protect your feet from the sun and chafing from your fins, and will come in handy for launching and landing your kayak.
Definition of bootee in:
- US English dictionary