- 1A baby’s soft woollen shoe.More example sentences
- A pair of tiny baby bootees with a white ribbon hangs from a peg on a wall.
- She felt she had to make things clear to him after she gave him a hand-knitted cardigan and bootees for his new baby.
- It was fined £1,500 for selling a dangerous product after the baby needed weeks of medical treatment from wearing the bootees in bed.
- 2A woman’s short boot.More example sentences
- Not your typical galoshes, the slick rubber booties have an adorable white heel and are less about puddle-splashing, more about stylish strolls in the mist.
- I mean, did they really think they could, just by stamping their million-dollar booties on the ground like some pampered rich man's son, get the sympathy of the country?
- Those boxing booties are the bad kind of sport-fashion fusion.
- 3A protective shoe or lining for a shoe.More example sentences
- The bootie has an outsole for improved traction that utilizes a screen rubber pattern identical to the main shoe's outsole.
- His wound opened, and he was not given booties to even protect his infected and swollen foot.
- Finally, scuba booties will protect your feet from the sun and chafing from your fins, and will come in handy for launching and landing your kayak.
More definitions of booteeDefinition of bootee in:
- The US English dictionary