Definition of bootlicker in English:
An obsequious or servile person: he’s got booklickers telling him what a big star he’s going to be
More example sentences
- We would rather be that voice than the voice of the sycophants and bootlickers and those hoping for a spot at the trough.
- But while most of the defendants there were grovellers and bootlickers, he was not.
- Everyone knows that the helium-voiced bootlickers don't know a thing about the environment.
sycophant, obsequious person, toady, fawner, flatterer, creep, crawler, lickspittle, truckler, groveller, doormat, kowtower, spaniel, Uriah Heep
bootlicking noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- What precedent is there for such servile bootlicking?
- I confess, I'm a sycophant, even if my bootlicking inclines less toward, oh say, administration officials than foul-mouthed and amusing anti-propagandists.
- An additional point is this: there's been a lot of really, really bad, banal, sugar-coated and bootlicking traditional art.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan