- 1A person who drinks large quantities of alcohol.More example sentences
- It won't stop alcoholics or regular boozers but it will moderate consumption.
- Traders say they are fed up with seeing the boozers drinking from bottles hidden in plastic bags and urinating in the church grounds.
- She was deadly serious, confessing like a boozer at Alcoholics Anonymous.
- 1.1British A pub or bar.More example sentences
- More of a private lounge than a public boozer, you ring a doorbell, a kindly staff member leads you to the lounge and you peruse a menu of classic cigars before taking your pick.
- Although clearly not one of York's oldest pubs, the boozer does have a proud and well-recorded history.
- He sounds like one of those fellas you get down at my local boozer.