- 1Consisting of or containing boric acid, especially as an antiseptic: I tipped some boracic crystals into a boxMore example sentences
- By then several boracic fluxes had been developed for assaying metal ores.
- For this reason Jackie always adds boracic acid or borax to the spice and glue mix.
- Only the powder is effective since the boracic acid works when it is picked up by the sticky pads on the bottom of the feet of the cockroach.
- 2British • informal Having no money.[from boracic lint, rhyming slang for 'skint']More example sentences
- So, if they don't like banks, why not set up a system which allows freeformers with spare cash to lend it to the ones who are feeling a bit boracic?
- I can't afford to pay for a taxi to St Pancras--it'll be a good 20 if not 40 quid and I am boracic.
- But I'm stuck and I'm boracic--Nan gave me £50 to get my own prezzie, but that's going straight into my bank to reduce the mad overdraft.
More definitions of boracicDefinition of boracic in:
- The US English dictionary