Definition of boracic in English:
1Consisting of or containing boric acid, especially as an antiseptic: I tipped some boracic crystals into a box
More example sentences
- By then several boracic fluxes had been developed for assaying metal ores.
- For this reason Jackie always adds boracic acid or borax to the spice and glue mix.
- Only the powder is effective since the boracic acid works when it is picked up by the sticky pads on the bottom of the feet of the cockroach.
2British informal Having no money.
[from boracic lint, rhyming slang for 'skint']
- So, if they don't like banks, why not set up a system which allows freeformers with spare cash to lend it to the ones who are feeling a bit boracic?
- I can't afford to pay for a taxi to St Pancras--it'll be a good 20 if not 40 quid and I am boracic.
- But I'm stuck and I'm boracic--Nan gave me £50 to get my own prezzie, but that's going straight into my bank to reduce the mad overdraft.
Definition of boracic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India