- A deep, narrow hole made in the ground, especially to locate water or oil.More example sentences
- Encia workmen are punching boreholes deep into the ground to suck up oily chemicals which leaked into aquifers far beneath the surface.
- Then a specific place in the center of each grid has been selected for excavating the geotechnical borehole.
- In extracting geothermal energy from hot dry rock, cold water is pumped down into the rock mass to pass through fractures and exit from a borehole or set of boreholes.
More definitions of boreholeDefinition of borehole in:
- The US English dictionary