noun (plural same or boreks)
- (In Turkish and Middle Eastern cookery) a pie of filo pastry filled with cheese, spinach, or minced meat.More example sentences
- Turkish cuisine is famous for its kebabs, stuffed eggplant and boreks—stuffed pastry with meat/spinach.
- My contribution was a platter of boreks, which are Mediterranean phyllo pastries filled with a mixture of feta cheese, dill, chives, mint, parsley, toasted pine nuts, and nutmeg.
- Every morning, the seven-month-old bakery's display case is stocked with enough buttery Turkish pastries and breakfast breads, or borek, to make the average New Yorker swear off cream cheese forever.
More definitions of borekDefinition of borek in:
- The US English dictionary