noun[mass noun] • informal
- Nonsense; rubbish: that’s a load of boshMore example sentences
- That's bosh and hokum, and it does a disservice to the people.
- ‘We know how they are going to play - everything is big bosh - long throws everywhere, the ball just goes into the box.’
- Despite his aversion to literary pretension, Parks has translated the Italian writer, who is more surely a purveyor of bosh than Rushdie ever will be.
mid 19th century: from Turkish boş 'empty, worthless'.
More definitions of boshDefinition of bosh in:
- The US English dictionary