- (Chiefly of minerals) having a shape reminiscent of a cluster of grapes.More example sentences
- Accessory minerals include earthy aggregates of clay minerals and botryoidal or stalactitic manganese oxides.
- This is a late-formed mineral that occurs as thin botryoidal crusts with little visible crystal structure.
- It forms spherical clusters of tightly packed radiating crystals and botryoidal crusts.
late 18th century: from Greek botruoeidēs (from botrus 'bunch of grapes') + -al.
More definitions of botryoidalDefinition of botryoidal in:
- The US English dictionary