- Salted and dried tuna or grey mullet roe.More example sentences
- Try shaved raw artichoke with bottarga, linguine al granchio and salt-baked sea bass or the home-made salsiccia.
- And a seafood triumvirate of bluefin tuna, prawn in parsley purée, and scallop carpaccio with bottarga is too stingily portioned to fully enjoy.
- Gill's pan-fried sea bass with tabbouleh, preserved lemon, bottarga and lemon oil was less successful, with the flavours clashing a little too violently.
Italian, from Arabic buṭarkhah, from Coptic outarakhon.
More definitions of bottargaDefinition of bottarga in:
- The US English dictionary