- 1A cylindrical brush for cleaning inside bottles.More example sentences
- With a clean bottlebrush and hot soapy water, thoroughly clean the bottles and other items.
- Use a clean bottlebrush to scrub out pipes and tubes.
- Use a clean bottlebrush to thoroughly remove all traces of milk, rinse and then sterilise.
- 2An Australian shrub or small tree with spikes of scarlet or yellow flowers which resemble bottlebrushes.
More example sentences
- Genus Callistemon, family Myrtaceae
- Neighbour Ian Kinny, whose memorial garden along with a gum tree, bottlebrush and shrubs were destroyed, described the impact of the attack as ‘extremely cruel’.
- This appealing, diminutive shrub blooms in spring with honey-scented flowers that look like bottlebrushes, and they are hummingbird magnets!
- These beautiful evergreen shrubs are known as bottlebrushes because of the cylindrical-shape of their cream, yellow or red blooms that emerge in spring and summer.
- 2.1Any of a number of plants bearing flowers similar to those of the bottlebrush.More example sentences
- Melaleucas and bottlebrushes make excellent screening plants, stand-alone specimens and accents among other native species such as banksias and grevilleas.
- Atop City Hall in Toronto, downtown workers watch butterflies and birds loiter among native plants like bottlebrush grass, eastern columbines, grey-headed coneflowers and New Jersey tea bushes.
- Bulbs boast the spiky spaceships of alliums, and the long-lasting bottlebrushes of perennial grasses - an invaluable group of plants when it comes to attractive seed heads - provide a huge variety of scale and texture.
More definitions of bottlebrushDefinition of bottlebrush in:
- The US English dictionary