- The process by which lager-type beers are fermented, proceeding for a relatively long period at low temperature with the yeast falling to the bottom.More example sentences
- The Marlborough Brewing Company brews 2500 Litre batches using ‘bottom fermentation’ to produce 100% natural beers.
- This was called ‘bottom fermentation’, or ‘lagering’, and the resulting lager beers were pale straw coloured, light in flavour and body, and kept extraordinarily well.
- In this, he did refer to bottom fermentation and lagering, though the descriptions of yeast are vague.
More definitions of bottom fermentationDefinition of bottom fermentation in:
- The US English dictionary