noun[mass noun] North American
- Low-lying land, typically by a river: [count noun]: on a fine bottomlandMore example sentences
- Few people seem to enjoy watching other people catch fish as much as this native of Panola County and its rich Sabine River bottomland.
- About a day's walk upstream from the confluence of the Shields and Yellowstone rivers, a sandstone bluff looms above the willow bottomland.
- In these treatments, habitats listed for this grass include marshes, bottomland forests, river banks, exposed bars and shores, and open ruderal areas.
More definitions of bottomlandDefinition of bottomland in:
- The US English dictionary