- A large rock, typically one that has been worn smooth by erosion.More example sentences
- The organisation said the most numerous relics were rock carvings found on boulders and outcrops.
- The trail narrowed, weaving round giant boulders and overhangs of smooth rock.
- The reverie was broken as if someone hurled a boulder into a smooth flowing stream.
- More example sentences
- A bouldery summit with a large cairn looms large, fooling many into believing this is the summit.
- The Spey snakes between rolling hills, with stretches of bouldery rapids and limpid pools where salmon leap and plop.
- Flanagan lowered his close-shaved, bouldery head, studied me with unwavering eyes, then took a swallow from his pint.
late Middle English: shortened from earlier boulderstone.
Entry from US English dictionary
More definitions of boulderDefinition of Boulder in:
- The US English dictionary