Definition of bouncer in English:
1A person employed by a nightclub or similar establishment to prevent troublemakers and other unwanted people entering or to eject them from the premises.
- The security company that employs unlicensed bouncers and the licensee of any premises allowing them to work could both be prosecuted under the new rules.
- He took courses in the field, then worked as a nightclub bouncer and a bodyguard.
- A security firm owner who provides bouncers to a nightclub claims no underage drinkers get in when his staff are on duty.
2 Cricket A ball bowled fast and short so as to rise high after pitching.
- Foolishly, in the course of the innings, one of England's pace bowlers bowled Lillee a bouncer.
- They were willing to bang the ball in, bowl a few bouncers to keep the batsmen quiet and have them in trouble.
- It is like a fast bowler being told he can't bowl a bouncer.
Definition of bouncer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan