Definition of bouncer in English:
1A person employed by a nightclub or similar establishment to prevent troublemakers and other unwanted people entering or to eject them from the premises.
- The security company that employs unlicensed bouncers and the licensee of any premises allowing them to work could both be prosecuted under the new rules.
- He took courses in the field, then worked as a nightclub bouncer and a bodyguard.
- A security firm owner who provides bouncers to a nightclub claims no underage drinkers get in when his staff are on duty.
2 Cricket A ball bowled fast and short so as to rise high after pitching.
- Foolishly, in the course of the innings, one of England's pace bowlers bowled Lillee a bouncer.
- They were willing to bang the ball in, bowl a few bouncers to keep the batsmen quiet and have them in trouble.
- It is like a fast bowler being told he can't bowl a bouncer.
Definition of bouncer in:
- US English dictionary