Definition of bounden in English:
archaic past participle of bind.
- a (or one's) bounden duty
- A responsibility regarded by oneself or others as obligatory: his bounden duty to respond to the call for helpMore example sentences
- Or would they regard it as their bounden duty to safeguard the state and prevent more of their citizens from being annihilated by all possible means?
- I'm sorry to have to be writing in such a tone, but facts are facts and the undeniable fact is that the traders have just walked away and abandoned what I believe is their bounden duty of contributing towards the Christmas lights.
- To be in service of the country's destiny is the Government's honour and its bounden duty.
Definition of bounden in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.