- A sudden outburst or outbreak.More example sentences
- He has been now absolved of all guilt, and his forgeries recognised as poetical Dada boutades.
- I must admit that I find hidden pleasure with his boutades and tirades.
- Parodies, jokes, boutades, all limited to a thousand words by close-fisted editors, earned him the roubles needed to pay for his education.
early 17th century: French, from bouter 'to thrust'.
More definitions of boutadeDefinition of boutade in:
- The US English dictionary