Definition of boutique in English:
1A small shop selling fashionable clothes or accessories.
- The circle of chic establishments includes boutiques that sell fancy clothes, and lots of places to take your mummy for lunch.
- The bags are being sold in Miami boutiques and art museum shops.
- The magazine will be ‘distributed free in clothes shops, boutiques, pubs and cinemas’ and the first issue has a picture of a giant pigeon on the front cover.
2A business serving a sophisticated or specialized clientele: [as modifier]: California’s boutique wineries
More example sentences
- It is interested in offering boutique money management services to business clients.
- How much a business owner ends up paying a boutique investment banker can vary wildly.
- We've seen the campaign profession grow from a boutique business to a mature, thriving industry.
boutiquey adjective ( informal )
- Example sentences
- This area of Uruguay reminds me of the Hamptons, near New York: same ocean, same boutiquey feel.
- I'm thinking the routes would be past all the cute boutiquey parts of all the major cities in the U.S.
- Another recent addition to L.A. is the Grove, an outdoor mall, which has your basics as well as department stores and more boutiquey shops.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan