- A spray of flowers worn in a buttonhole.More example sentences
- The boutonnières, corsages and bouquet were all yellow roses, just blooming, to match the bridesmaids gowns.
- I reached for his boutonnière that I had set for convenient access on a nearby chair.
- He tenderly slipped a corsage onto my wrist, and I made my mother pin his boutonnière.
late 19th century: French, 'buttonhole', from bouton 'button'.
More definitions of boutonnièreDefinition of boutonnière in:
- The US English dictionary