noun (plural bouzoukis)
- A long-necked Greek form of mandolin.More example sentences
- Laika is an urban style of song, developed at the beginning of the twentieth century, which may feature the bouzouki, a long-necked stringed instrument.
- The oud is an ancient Arabic guitar, the forerunner of today's acoustic guitar, and the bouzouki is a Greek guitar.
- From there it was off to a Greek restaurant (you may have spotted a theme here) where our hero played the bouzouki, sang the Greek national anthem and posed for a thousand photographs.
1950s: from modern Greek mpouzouki, possibly related to Turkish bozuk 'spoilt' (with reference to roughly made instruments).
More definitions of bouzoukiDefinition of bouzouki in:
- The US English dictionary