Definition of bow-fronted in English:
(Of furniture) having a convexly curved front.
- Yet a significant number occupy bow-fronted stalls to either side of the stage; skinny concave balconies projecting from three levels above; or tiered terraces behind the stage that part to either side of a 6125-pipe organ.
- A leading Dublin firm lately described a bow-fronted villa in Co Dublin as a ‘beau’ fronted house - maybe the writer of the brochure was French but either way this blunder did not stop the property from realising about £1 million.
- From the generous windows, we could see the bow-fronted stucco villas of Headington, with gardens for childhood.
- 1bow front noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- The cabinet's bow front echoes the curve of the sink.
- Beyond rose the ramparts of a medieval fort onto which had been tucked an eighteenth century classical bow front; above, a series of balconies were surmounted by a ripple of Mughal chattris and copulas.
- The very shallow pitched roof and the balcony are wonderfully elegant, as is the shallow bow front to the southern elevation.
Definition of bow-fronted in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.