Definition of bow-fronted in English:
(Of furniture) having a convexly curved front.
- Yet a significant number occupy bow-fronted stalls to either side of the stage; skinny concave balconies projecting from three levels above; or tiered terraces behind the stage that part to either side of a 6125-pipe organ.
- A leading Dublin firm lately described a bow-fronted villa in Co Dublin as a ‘beau’ fronted house - maybe the writer of the brochure was French but either way this blunder did not stop the property from realising about £1 million.
- From the generous windows, we could see the bow-fronted stucco villas of Headington, with gardens for childhood.
bow front noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- The cabinet's bow front echoes the curve of the sink.
- Beyond rose the ramparts of a medieval fort onto which had been tucked an eighteenth century classical bow front; above, a series of balconies were surmounted by a ripple of Mughal chattris and copulas.
- The very shallow pitched roof and the balcony are wonderfully elegant, as is the shallow bow front to the southern elevation.
Definition of bow-fronted in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan