- A wave or system of waves set up at the bows of a moving ship.More example sentences
- Groups of dolphins often follow ships, riding the bow wave and sometimes making spectacular, acrobatic leaps.
- You've seen them riding the bow wave of your boat, patrolling the beach just beyond the breakers or bursting from the briny to leap clear of the water, apparently just for the fun of it.
- It's not unlike hull speed in a displacement vessel, where the faster you try to go the larger your bow wave is to overcome.
More definitions of bow waveDefinition of bow wave in:
- The US English dictionary