Pronunciation: /baʊˈwaʊ /
- An imitation of a dog’s bark.More example sentences
- The cases we think of as exceptions are ‘onomatopoeic’ words, where the sound seems to imitate what it represents, like bow-wow, or buzz.
Pronunciation: /ˈbaʊwaʊ /Back to top
- A child’s word for a dog.More example sentences
- He starts off living in a cabin in the forest, with two Alaskan bow-wows, and ends up on a Tahitian island, looking for the son he has spent his whole life avoiding.
- For every wealthy pet owner burying their beloved bow-wow in a celebrity style graveyard, there is a nation on the other side of the world braising Bowser for Sunday supper.
More definitions of bow-wowDefinition of bow-wow in:
- The US English dictionary