noun[mass noun] North American
The practice of hunting animals with a bow rather than a gun.
More example sentences
- Ask your gun customers if they bowhunt or would consider bowhunting.
- It's so much easier to prepare for dove hunting, which kicks off Wednesday, than for bowhunting.
- Their raves about bowhunting were not about taking game, but rather, about getting close in order to take it.
- More example sentences
- Like gun hunters, some bowhunters hunt out of treestands.
- Studies, surveys and industry experts continue to reveal that as many as a quarter of your firearm hunting customers are likely bowhunters.
- To meet the needs of bowhunters who like to hunt on the ground, you should consider stocking blinds.
More definitions of bowhuntingDefinition of bowhunting in:
- The US English dictionary