Definition of bowhunting in English:
noun[mass noun] North American
The practice of hunting animals with a bow rather than a gun.
- Ask your gun customers if they bowhunt or would consider bowhunting.
- It's so much easier to prepare for dove hunting, which kicks off Wednesday, than for bowhunting.
- Their raves about bowhunting were not about taking game, but rather, about getting close in order to take it.
- Example sentences
- Like gun hunters, some bowhunters hunt out of treestands.
- Studies, surveys and industry experts continue to reveal that as many as a quarter of your firearm hunting customers are likely bowhunters.
- To meet the needs of bowhunters who like to hunt on the ground, you should consider stocking blinds.
Definition of bowhunting in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan