- A double-looped ornamental knot in a ribbon, tie, or other fastening.More example sentences
- Cute details such as strips at the waist, butterfly bowknots on the chest, and twisted strips on the back make the dresses even more charming.
- Motifs used for borders included swags, urns, and bowknots, which can also be found as embellishments on furniture, silver, and other objects made during the period.
- Likewise, the two bowknots replace the fibulae that would have held together an ancient peplos.
More definitions of bowknotDefinition of bowknot in:
- The US English dictionary