Definition of bowser in English:
- In Indonesia work has included providing mobile water treatment works to benefit 25,000 people and in Sri Lanka it has set up bowsers to supply drinking water to 250,000 and handed out 50,000 jerry cans to families.
- I went to see the residents and we did our best to alleviate any problems, including hiring road sweepers and water bowsers.
- In return, the federal government would fund two-thirds of the cost of installing fuel bowsers at the community - a basic facility that all settlements should have in any case.
- Complete with old-fashioned petrol bowsers, mock Tudor architecture and '40s vintage cars, we are led to believe this was KFC number one.
- We haven't got no shopping centre here, no petrol bowsers, so people have to get used to travelling to Stratford.
- Under the terms of the agreement the community will receive petrol bowsers and improved health programs if it meets certain conditions, including ensuring children shower every day.
1920s: from the name of a company of oil storage engineers.
This type of tanker used in the fuelling of vehicles such as aircraft or for water, owes its name to a company of oil storage engineers.
Words that rhyme with bowserbrowser, carouser, dowser, espouser, Mauser, rouser, trouser, wowser
Definition of bowser in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.