- A jellyfish with a box-shaped swimming bell, living in warm seas. See also sea wasp.
More example sentences
- Class Cubozoa (formerly order Cubomedusae)
- A snake or poisonous spider bites in a single spot, but the box jelly's venom enters a victim's body over a very large area.
- The box jelly is kind of vicious - its long tentacles can easily wrap around your arms, face, or as Erika discovered, ankle, and make themselves impossible to remove without inflecting a vicious, incapacitating sting.
- The product reportedly proved largely successful against the sting of the sea wasp, a type of box jelly.
More definitions of box jellyDefinition of box jelly in:
- The US English dictionary