- A thorny shrub of warm-temperate regions, which bears red berries. Some kinds are used for hedging.
More example sentences
- Genus Lycium, family Solanaceae: several species (see also tea tree ( sense 2))
- We stopped by the thick boxthorn and Mum and Dad said, ‘We'll have lunch and then we'll go to the beach’.
- Back then farmers were worried that the hedgecutters might destroy their hedges and often asked for guarantees that the boxthorn was going to survive the ordeal.
- The driver's area is surrounded by a grid of steel to protect the operator during the blade-belting battle against boxthorn and barberry.