- 1An undergarment worn by women to support the breasts.More example sentences
- Underwear makers promote support bras made without an underwire, as even a small bit of metal can trigger a sensitive alarm.
- She doesn't just sell her underwear, though: slips, bras, body stockings, and socks are all hot sellers.
- To avoid severe chaffing, endurance athletes should look for bras that are seamless.
- 1.1 (also auto bra, car bra) North American A carbon-based cover that fits over the front bumper of a car.More example sentences
- Make sure that the car bra you purchase is for the specific make and model of your vehicle.
- It comes from the same place that gave the world pet psychiatrists, pet rocks and car bras.
- More example sentences
- Under a thin, blue turtleneck, she appears to be braless.
- Obviously going braless, her breasts seemingly defy gravity, a testimony to her plastic surgeon's wonderful skills.
- However, you should go braless for a few hours every day just so the breasts aren't restricted.
1930s: abbreviation of brassiere.
More definitions of braDefinition of bra in:
- The US English dictionary