Definition of bracelet in English:
1An ornamental band, hoop, or chain worn on the wrist or arm.
- Usually, a woman also accessorizes with a bracelet, ring and necklace to go along with a brooch.
- I gelled my hair and then put on some rings, a bracelet, necklace, and earrings.
- Exhibits include locally found Roman jewellery, among which is a bracelet and bronze brooch.
1.1 (bracelets) informal Handcuffs.
- Very shortly, the officer who had handcuffed Jim removed the bracelets and offered an apology.
- Moments later, the officer was again slapping a pair of handcuffs on the 23-year-old man, who had apparently just slipped free from bracelets another officer had snapped around his wrists 16 hours earlier.
- Laguna Beachs most infamous bad boy got yet another set of matching silver bracelets slapped on his wrists a few days ago, this time for trespassing and assault.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan