A huge herbivorous dinosaur of the late Jurassic to mid Cretaceous periods, with forelegs much longer than the hind legs.
- Genus Brachiosaurus, infraorder Sauropoda, order Saurischia
More example sentences
- They found embedded in solid rock what they believe to be the pelvis of a primitive sauropod, a four-legged, plant-eating dinosaur similar to better-known creatures such as brachiosaurus and diplodocus.
- As Christians who reject evolutionary theory, the family scoffed at the park's dinosaur attractions, which date the apatosaurus, brachiosaurus and the like to prehistoric times.
- Apparently, palaeontologists have wondered for years as to why the brachiosaurus didn't collapse under its own weight.
modern Latin, from Greek brakhiōn 'arm' + sauros 'lizard'.
More definitions of brachiosaurusDefinition of brachiosaurus in:
- The US English dictionary