- The treatment of cancer, especially prostate cancer, by the insertion of radioactive implants directly into the tissue.More example sentences
- Since the late 1980s, doctors have been increasingly using internal radiation, also called radioactive seed implants or brachytherapy, to cure prostate cancer.
- Regardless of the technique of choice, eg, photodynamic therapy, brachytherapy, Nd-YAG laser, or electrocautery, complete tumor eradication is the ultimate goal.
- Options include radical prostatectomy, conformal radiotherapy or brachytherapy, hormone treatment, and active monitoring.
More definitions of brachytherapyDefinition of brachytherapy in:
- The US English dictionary