- 1Fresh and invigorating: the bracing sea airMore example sentences
invigorating, refreshing, stimulating, energizing, exhilarating, enlivening, reviving, restorative, rejuvenating, revitalizing, vitalizing, rousing, fortifying, strengthening, healthy, healthful, health-giving, salubrious, beneficial, tonic, salutary; fresh, brisk, crisp, cool, keen• informal pick-me-up• rare inspiriting
- Fresh air, bracing walks, hearty food and reading are on the agenda.
- If you need some fresh air take a bracing walk up Arthur's Seat.
- I walked in the bracing mountain air, ate organic vegetarian meals and treated myself to two massages by an expert therapist.
- 2(Of a support) serving to brace a structure: bracing strutsMore example sentences
- The engineers spent two years designing bracing structures that were then attached to the bridge to prevent this problem in the future.
- All of the strut joints end in a close tolerance ball end, so that throughout the entire structure, all the loads are balanced by the bracing wires and strut alignment.
- This takes the form of two piers connected with cross bracing struts, which also act as a ladder to the top.
- sense 1.More example sentences
- It has its eccentricities, but its characters are so bracingly, stunningly normal that its barebones and tired plot ultimately is the thing you remember the most.
- His best pictures impress you with their combination of sensuous delight and intellectual brio - a one-two which feels bracingly fresh in today's artistic climate.
- To complete a memorable visit, at high tide we swam in the bracingly clear waters of South Harbour.