- A fungus which forms shelf-like projections on the trunks of living or dead trees, sending hyphae into the wood and sometimes causing the death of the tree or decay of the timber.
More example sentences
- Several families in the order Aphyllophorales, class Hymenomycetes
- It is a sessile wood inhabiting fungus and is commonly known as ‘bracket fungus’.
- Here you can see the basidiocarp of the bracket fungus growing on the trunk of this tree.
- The artist's conk is a particular kind of bracket fungus, Ganoderma applanata.
More definitions of bracket fungusDefinition of bracket fungus in:
- The US English dictionary